Thursday, January 22, 2009

Meesh And The Doctor

Watching Meesh at the baby doctor is pure comedy.  I assume she handles these visits the way she does her hair appointments or lunches with her girlfriends.  "It's my time and I ain't leaving until I've asked everything I want to ask."

It reminds me of our dogs when we take them for walks.  They pee and pee again and again and again.  By the sixth pee, there is quite literally nothing left.  They pee air.  Can't squeeze any more juice out of a lemon if there ain't no juice left.  But the dogs will be damned if they don't squat over and over.  It's their walk and they'll pee if they want to.  

Meesh asks all the right questions.  Questions that actually pertain to the baby and the birth.  And just when the doctor thinks she can leave to attend to her next patient, Meesh comes up with something.  "Soooo, I'm good on weight gain?"  Dr. says "Perfect."  "Soooo, do I need to keep taking the iron pills?"  Dr. says "Yes."  "Soooo, do you watch Lost?"  "No."  "Are you going to be in the room when I'm in labor?"  "I am your doctor, so Yes."  I could see Meesh asking the doctor on a friend date which would not shock me as my Mom has friend-dated everyone from the UPS man to the 17 year old cashier at J.Crew.

2 comments:

Chloé Jo said...

hahahahaahahahahahhaahah... best blog ever.

Jen Posner said...

Amazing...