Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Meesh and The Sliding Doors

This one is a quickie.  We were leaving the hospital for our bi-weekly baby check-up (all is well on the western front...blue skies, baby is head down and the belly button has popped something fierce I tell ya') and as we approached the sliding glass doors (see thru glass doors mind you) Meesh catches her reflection and says "Oh my God I'm huge!"  I try to stop her from saying anything else...I nudge her but as we walk through the sliding doors she continues "I am seriously enormous!"  Well, it was obvious to me then that Meesh did not see what I saw through said see-thru sliding doors.  A woman, bless her heart, easily 460 pounds on the hoof just minding her business on a bench right behind the SEE THRU doors we walked in.  How you couldn't see her, bless her heart, is beyond me.  Like standing in the Grand Canyon and not seeing the canyon itself.  

*footnote:  if you are white don't say you feel black when approaching Malcolm Jamal Warner and when you're pregnant don't say you're the size of a house when you're approaching someone who is, bless their heart, actually the size of a house.  But I guess if see-thru sliders are involved then have at it.

2 comments:

mjlambie said...

hilarious. i'm glad Meesh didn't pull an "Octo-mom" and shoot for 8 babies on the first try, that would be crazy.

Chloé Jo said...

hahahahahaah... hahahahahaha... hahahaha... I just lost my lunch on that one.. evil brill.